Next-generation MALDI-TOF and TOF/TOF technology
Redefine MALDI-TOF/TOF performance
High content data
Full MS/MS data sets can be acquired with up to 1000 Hz laser repetition rate from low fmol levels within seconds.
Dedicated software analyzes and visualizes the high content data automatically, generating results with high confidence identifications.
The well-established proprietary smartbeam-II laser provides unprecedented analytical and matrix flexibility in diverse workflows.
Important Features to Consider
Fast and direct results for efficient research
Bruker’s patented innovative smartbeam-II laser enables high data acquisition speed in both MS and MS/MS at full systems performance. The well-established proprietary smartbeam-II laser provides unprecedented analytical and matrix flexibility in workflows from protein tissue imaging, intact proteins analysis, glycoproteomics, biologics or oligo QC, polymer analysis, to LC-MALDI proteomics and TLC-MALDI – all fully enabled at 1-2000 Hz repetition rates.
Broadband mass resolving power up to 40,000 enables precision proteomics via Bruker’s unique PAN technology for highest mass resolution across a very broad mass range, not just at a selected optimum.
The FlashDetector combined with a 5 GS/s 10-bit digitizer and latest advances in electronics provide mass resolving power up to 40,000 and 1 ppm mass accuracy for highest confidence.
The IR-laser based self-cleaning ion source ensures robust, long-term highest-performance operation. Very long MALDI laser lifetime in combination with automated source cleaning in just minutes leads to high uptime and low maintenance costs.
Typically, full MS/MS data sets can be acquired with up to 1000 Hz laser repetition rate from low fmol levels within seconds. The Bruker bioinformatics software is perfectly adapted to analyze and visualize the match between the raw spectra and annotated peptide and protein structures.
Proven technology taken to the next level
Attain the highest level of mass spectrometry performance with the enhanced ultrafleXtreme, an instrument exceeding all your expectations.
Combining true 2 kHz speed in TOF mode and 1 kHz in TOF/TOF mode with a 10-bit digitizer for enhanced dynamic range and extreme flexibility for a broad variety of complementary research, biopharmaceutical, proteomics and applied applications.
- QC and MALDI assays with unmatched return of results and investment
- Measure protein assays with 1-2% CV
- Non-biased polymer analysis yielding true polymer distributions with a single click using PolyTools software
- High definition MALDI Imaging data acquisition combined with SCiLS™ Lab software to support your challenging research
- Industry leading in Top-Down protein sequencing fully compatible with BioPharma Compass® solution
- Co-register and super-impose virtual microscopic slides at full resolution for detailed histological annotation
- Conquer peptide and protein samples too difficult for ESI
- LC-MALDI – the solution for your difficult challenges with optional LC-MALDI spotter – spotOn®
- Proteins can be identified with high confidence with unmatched ease
Fast results for efficient biopharma research
Applications such as in-depth characterization of biopharmaceuticals and tissue imaging benefit from a multitude of technology innovations and solutions.
- Industry-leading in Top-Down protein sequencing fully compatible with BioPharma Compass® solution
- Advanced Peptide and Protein analysis:
Conquer peptide and protein samples too difficult for ESI, e.g. membrane proteins, which do not ionize well using ESI. Analyze challenging proteins in depth after digestion with the optional LC-MALDI spotter – spotOn® – and subsequent MS/MS analysis. Proteins can be identified with high confidence with unmatched ease.
- Oligo QC at unparalleled pace with MALDI and BioPharma Compass®
- Polymer Analysis:
Unlike electrospray mass spectrometers, which utilize ion guides to send ions towards detectors, axial MALDI-TOF instruments have minimal ion optics. As ion guides are tuned for optimal transmission of certain mass ranges, polymer distributions can be shifted. This is far less the case with axial MALDI-TOF instruments rendering them as ideal polymer analysis technology. All important polymer parameters, such as average molecular weights (Mn and Mw), dispersity Đ, degree of polymerization, and the mass of the combined end groups, are quickly determined. MALDI-TOF/TOF spectra acquired with the enhanced ultrafleXtreme allow for single end group analysis.
- High definition MALDI Imaging data acquisition combined with SCiLS™ Lab software to support your challenging research.