Density Meter DDM 2910
Rudolph’s DDM 2910 – Digital Density Meter (Densitometer) is designed to meet the requirements of your laboratory. Rudolph Research designed the DDM 2910 Digital Density Meter to meet the needs of the following industries with their measurement needs in mind:
- Beverage industries
- Alcohol Proof testing
|Accuracy||Density: 0.0001 g/cm³ Temperature: 0.03°C|
|Repeatability (Standard Deviation)||Density: 0.00001 g/cm³ Temperature: 0.02°C|
|Resolution (Standard)||Density: 0.0001 g/cm³ Temperature: 0.01 °C|
|Resolution (USR)||Density: Up to 0.00001 g/cm³**|
|Density Range||0 g/cm³ to 3 g/cm³ (32° F – 212° F )|
|Temperature Range (controlled via Peltier)||0°C – 100°C|
|Pressure Range||0 to 10 bar (145 psi)|
|Viscosity Correction||Yes, over the entire range|
|U-Tube Video Scanning & Magnification||Three magnified video assisted views of the entire cell are available, in 2x, 6x and a 10x magnifications with video scanning. Images may be saved with results for subsequent review.|
|Automatic Bubble Detection||Automatically warns operator of bubbles|
|Measurement Modes||Continuous, Single, Multiple|
|Measurement Technique||Mechanical Oscillating U-Tube Method|
|Minimum Sample Volume||Approx 1mL (depending on the load option)|
|Viscosity Correction||Yes, over the entire range|
|Wetted Materials||Borosilicate glass, Teflon (PTFE, ECTFE)|
|Operating System||Windows Embedded®; write protected software safe from malware and viruses|
|Measurement Time||Typically 30 – 40 seconds after thermal equilibration|
|Display||Bright 10.4 inch diagonal TFT type LCD with wide viewing angle, anti-glare flat panel touch screen, 300 nits brightness, 800 x 600 pixels, chemical, scratch and spill resistant monitor, the industry’s largest, most flexible, and customizable user interface|
|Communication Interface||5 USB Ports, 2 RS232 Ports, 2 Ethernet Ports for Network Connection, 1 HDMI, Keyboard Bar Code Scanner, Mouse, Network Capabilities|
|Remote Support||Troubleshooting, Diagnostics, Software Updates available via the Internet|
|Internal Memory||32 GB Non-removable Compact Flash Allowing Storage of over 100,000 Measurements|
|Operating Dimensions||18.36” (L) x 11.80” (W) x 13.90” (H) 46.61 cm (L) x 29.97 cm (W) x 35.30 cm (H)|
|Shipping Dimensions||24.5” (L) x 17.5” (W) x 22” (H) 62cm (L) x 44cm (W) x 56cm (H)|
|Operating Weight||53 lbs (24 kg.)|
|Power Supply||100 to 240 VAC; 50 to 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||120 Watts at peak|
|Country of Manufacture and Design / Warranty||United States of America ( U.S.A.) 3 Year US Warranty – 2 Year International *Warranty vary by country ( 1-3 years )|
The Simplicity of Touch Screen
Measurement with Flexibility
Oscillating U-Tube with Viscosity Correction and Reference
Rudolph DDM Series Density Meters utilize an oscillating U-tube with full range viscosity correction and reference oscillator that allows for long term calibration stability and measurement at all temperatures with a single calibration (Patent # 7,735,353).
Full Feature VideoView® with Automatic Scanning of Entire U-Tube
Rudolph’s exclusive VideoView is protected under Patent #7,437,909 and provides superior high-resolution visual bubble detection of your sample with live on-screen video viewing. Images can be saved with the sample results and may be viewed and/or printed as desired.
A full view of the entire U-tube is possible at 2X magnification. Further, the U-Tube can zoom to 6X or 10X so the user can see that the U-Tube is air bubble free. The 6X and 10X magnification are also extremely helpful in detecting the cleanliness of the glass U-tube. The clarity, magnification and resolution are the very best available in the market.
- Three magnified video-assisted views of the entire cell are available, in 2X, 6X and a 10X magnifications
- Images may be saved with results for subsequent review
Windows Embedded® Operating System
- 32 gigabytes of internal memory, the biggest on the market, allows almost unlimited memory for saving measurement data. All Rudolph Density Meters are network ready. Data may be saved and exported directly to your server or to any desired directories.
- Internet access is possible directly from all Rudolph Density Meters. The disk protection feature protects the operating system against malware and virus infections in networked environments.
- Windows® based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual, but should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the Rudolph instrument’s internal memory.
- Copy methods, transfer concentration tables, download data, among other functions via the USB ports on the front and back of the unit.
- Five USB ports allow for quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. All Rudolph Density Meters connect directly to your server or server printer without additional software or PC access.
- Calibrate the Rudolph DDM Series Density Meter with 2 or 3 points (e.g. NIST Traceable Standards) as calibrating with merely air and water appears inconsistent with cGMP/GLP compliance regulations
- Ability to print out complete method configuration, communication settings, as well as calibration verification and calibration adjustment data/history
- Unlimited number of customizable calibration verifications possible
- Complete History of Calibration Adjustments and Verifications are available to View, Print, and/or Export
- Set calendar reminders as to when Calibration Verifications are due
- View, print, control charts in calibration verifications
- Pass/Fail calibration verifications available
Sample measurement reports are edited quickly and easily. Just import your logo to the Rudolph Density Meter and send your company’s customized certificate of analysis to your server or local printer.
- Print your customized Certificate of Analysis including your company logo directly from the Density Meter
- Capable of making multiple measurements on a single sample and reporting complete statistical data and all measurement results
Traceability, Compliance and Flexibility
For Highly Regulated Labs, Full 21 CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The United States Food and Drug Administration 21 CFR Part 11 regulation establishes the FDA’s requirements for electronic records and electronic signatures (ERES) to be trustworthy, reliable, and essentially equivalent to paper records and handwritten signatures. The Rudolph Density Meter user interface software’s 21 CFR Part 11 features fully supports and exceeds the requirements of 21CFR Part 11. Available in embedded and PC versions.
The Rudolph Density Meter’s 21 CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user-friendly touch screen.
This module gives you full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- User Rights
- Audit Trail
- PDF encrypted and password protected
- Unique and Settable User rights and privileges
NIST Traceable Calibration Standards
Rudolph knows how important it is to calibrate with Traceable Standards and therefore, we include either a NIST or other National Physical Laboratory (NPL) traceable standard in the accessories provided with your density meter.
The Rudolph DDM Series Density Meter includes all the accessories for immediate use:
- Quick Start Guide
- IQOQPQ Documentation
- Rinse/Sample Waste Container
- Filling Nozzles
- Connecting Fittings & Tubing
- Traceable Standard
- Luer Syringes
- User Manual
- Certificate of Calibration
- Concentration D2O – Heavy Water
- Ethanol Proofing
- Testing of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners
- Monomer Solutions
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Determination of Partial Specific Volume
- ppm, Normality, Molarity, Molality
- % Toluene in Heptane
- Purity of sample testing
- Density of Gases and Aerosols
- Potassium Permanganate
- Ultracentrifugation applications
- SG of Urine
- Sodium Hydroxide
Choose the Sample Load
Option Solution for Your Application
- Sample injection is done vertically against gravity reducing air bubbles. Suitable for left and right handed operators as opposed to manual horizontal injection. Plunger is easier to push with all samples and there is more control over the syringe than with Horizontal Load.
- Gives the ability to apply more pressure to the syringe when injecting viscous samples without harming operators.
- Much easier cleaning. When a measurement is complete and the syringe is removed, gravity will force the sample down and into the waste jar. As opposed to the traditional horizontal load, if the waste tubing was bent, the sample would pour backwards and spill out on the table.
- Preserves the nozzles and nozzle bodies much better since there will not be added pressure from pushing on them when loading a sample. All the pressure will be on the top plate, thus saving in future maintenance costs.
MM Peri Pump
Most versatile option. Allows three ways to inject the sample:
- automatically through the supplied needle, syringe or manual vertical injections.
- Benefits customers that have multiple inexperienced users as the PeriPump will automatically inject the sample the
- same way every time.
- Ideal for saving money in consumable syringes
- An added benefit is the cleaning process, or possible lack of cleaning and going right into your next sample which will decrease operational times.
- Yields same results as with manual injection for all non-viscous types of samples, so no change in performance occurs.
- Inserts directly into your bottle
- Great option as there are two ways to inject a sample: by manual vertical injection or having the PeriPump pull the syringe down for you.
- Ideal for pulling the rinse solutions automatically into the system thus making the rinsing part of the operation much easier and independent.
- Pressure mode available for carbonated samples.
- Benefits customers that have multiple inexperienced users as the PeriPump will automatically inject the sample the same way every time.
- No change in instrument’s performance when compared to manual injection.
Traditional Horizontal Load
- Samples can be easily loaded in the Density Meter by directly injecting your sample into the inlet port.
- You can watch the sample progress through the U- Tube and monitor for bubbles with a 2X magnification.
- Need a closer look? View at 6X or 10X magnification.
- When your measurement is complete simply flush the U-Tube with your choice of solvent and use the convenient built in
- air pump to dry the U-Tube.
- Only 1ml of sample is required.
The Rudolph DDM Series of Density Meters, with high precision Peltier temperature control of sample, has the features to meet the needs of today’s industrial applications.
BEVERAGES, SPIRITS, WINE
- The US TTB requires high accuracy for testing % Ethanol ABV in wine, beer, and spirits
- The DDM 2911 Plus offers 0.01% accuracy for Ethanol testing
- Direct and accurate means of °Brix determination, °Plato,°Balling, Proof, % Solids
- Capable of 2,3,4 or more multiple measurements with standard deviation, mean, min, and max reading for true cGLP/GMP compliance
- Complete Factory and On-Site IQ/OQ/PQ documentation and data inventory
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance and DATA integrity; Electronic Signature and Secure Data Storage
- Compliant with USP <841>, EP 2.2.5, JP, BP, Chinese, Brazilian, Mexican, Pharmacopeias
FOOD, FLAVOR, FRAGRANCE
- Measure Density, Specific Gravity
- Checking of raw materials and product release
- Check batch consistency and ensure proper blending ratios
- Add refractive index, color and optical rotation with R837 and R835 Automation Solutions
- Measure API, Density and Specific Gravity values in compliance with ASTM D1250, ASTM D4052, ASTM D4806, ASTM D5002, ASTM D5931, ISO 12185, ISO 15212-1 and DIN 51757
- Measure in units of kg/m3, g/cm3, g/mL, pounds/gallon, specific gravity, Baumé and more